PE and Sport Premium for Primary Schools
Sports Premium 2015–16
During this period the school has received £9300 to improve the quality of sport and PE provision at St Joseph’s. Our vision is to create a culture that encourages all our children to be active and have positive attitudes towards physical activity and healthy lifestyles.
The funding will develop a programme which includes high quality physical education as part of the curriculum; competitive school sport opportunities and additional sporting opportunities after school.
We believe high quality physical education and school sport will contribute to a range of outcomes for our children contributing to their physical, mental and social wellbeing.
More specifically the funding has/will be predominantly targeted in the following ways:
- Employing specialist PE teachers or qualified coaches to work alongside teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence.
- Employing a specialist teacher to deliver high quality PE.
- Provide professional development for staff.
- Procure quality-assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence.
- Quality assure the work of sports coaches and instructors employed to coach in PE lessons.
- Buy into existing local sports networks such as school sport partnerships or community
Approximately £1000 has been spent on ensuring we are now fully resourced in terms of resources/equipment to deliver high quality PE.
We will endeavour to use the funding to make high quality PE and sport sustainable.
Last updated: Alison Ashworth, December 2015